Internet Explorer gathers and then stores the web site history (programs you have downloaded, web sites you have visited, etc.) on your computer. This page will help you to see all IE history location saved in your Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 systems.
My search showed: No Results. So, I decided to give to this concept a new meaning that includes the typed URL history, the browsing history, the AutoComplete history, etc. of each web site in Internet.
See what kinds of Web history exist in the next step or jump over step 3 if you already know this information.
- Browsing history: The browsers remember all web pages that you visit on the Internet and even some folders on your own PC under the name browsing history.
- Typed URL history: This URL history is a special history composed by all web site addresses that you typed directly in the address bar of your browser, Windows Explorer and Run dialog.
- AutoComplete history: These are entries you've made for Web forms (including your name, e-mail, SSN, credit card information) and passwords.
- Wininet credentials history: This browser feature remembers the user names and passwords, used on the secure web sites (i.e. the sites that pop up a small dialog window, asking you for your user name and password in order to log in).
- Search history: It is the list of recently searched words from the Search Bar of a browser. This history is obvious privacy threat because anybody with an easy access to your computer (colleagues, friends, family member for instance) can see your searches.
- Download history: By default the integrated download manager of the browsers remembers the names and locations of downloaded files for very long time.
Second: Huh, a long history!
Through Internet Explorer:
- Internet Explorer 6 History Location in Windows XP
Open View -> Explorer Bar -> History
- Internet Explorer 7 History Location in Windows XP
- IE 8 History Location in Windows XP and Windows 7
Click on this little blue arrow to see recent history.
Through Windows Explorer:
This program will help you to find the location of all kinds of Web history (search history, download history, browsing history, typed URL history, etc.) saved on your computer.
- Web History Location in Windows XP
- Web History Location in Windows Vista and Windows 7
|back to all Internet Explorer History Topics||